Grand Valley Trail End-to-End Report - Day 2 - July 15, 2017- Erin to Bellwood Lake


July 15, 2017 - 16.4k from Erin to Bellwood.  We cut this short because of having to be back home to relieve our childcare, but glad it was on the shorter-side when we got out there. It started the same way the last Grand Valley Trail run ended (playing find the blazes without a trail).   The running along the farmers fields was ok, but then we had to cross large stretches of grass that was over my head and full of thorny plants. It was rough.  Then we would be back out on a gravel road for a little while, then the blazes would indicate that we need to enter another trail-less section, and I would swear like crazy!  My trucker mouth comes out when I get led into large fields of thorny bushes for unknown stretches of time. It was really hard to bring myself to keep going into sections like that. I had trouble mentally with the trail-less sections of this run, and really hope that there are no more sections like what we have been through. If so, I may abandon this Grand Valley Trail idea.  The best part of the run today was when we saw a large porcupine on the edge of a soybean field. It freaked Greg out and he kept his distance from it.  I watched it and tried to get closer for a pic.  That porcupine wasn't moving very fast, I could get at least one picture :)   Very cool.  The next section is Bellwood lake to Elora. It's more urban than previous runs so I hope it's a LOT better. 











My porcupine buddy :)



Comments