Scoping out good running routes from above - Thanks for the runs Jen

Dear Jen,
There are very few people who truly understand what it's like to be a mother, a teacher, and an athlete.  Jen Alsop did, and we had many conversations expressing our feelings about the pressures we felt.  We laughed and joked around about parenting our young daughters as mom-athletes.  For a year or so while she ran with the Cambridge Harriers, I had a kindred spirit who understood how hard it was to try and "do it all".  Thank you for those runs around Victoria park where we laughed about our rebellious reluctance to be "super moms".  The runs ment a lot and you gave me reassurance that doing my best is enough.  We have lost touch over the years, but I have thought about you once in a while as my life gets busy and I feel absolutely overwhelmed.  I have wondered how you were doing, and hoped that you were still running (even if it's not with the awesome Cambridge Harriers).  I was so sorry to hear about your death, and my thoughts and prayers are with your two sweet children, and your family.   Scope out some good running routes in Heaven, and someday we'll run again,
 Lisa

If you knew Jen, there's a gofundme page set up for her children.  It can be found here: https://www.gofundme.com/26myxc44

Comments